Our Member Guest Skating Policy
Member: anyone who has paid the Skate Canada membership fee, and is enrolled in at least one session in the StarSkate program, of the Fergus Skating Club.
- Registered FSC skaters are only entitled to skate on sessions for which they are registered. If they wish to skate on sessions they are not registered for, they must pay guest skating fees.
- The cost for all guest skating is minimum $10.00 per session. This fee is subject to change, upon approval of the Board, at which time the policy will be updated.
- All fees must be paid prior to skating by enclosing the appropriate fee in an envelope and clearly marking the envelope with their name and the date / time they skated.
- Paying guest skating fees is based on an honour system. Skaters are expected to leave payment in the club mailbox, before stepping on the ice. Pre-printed envelopes will be left beside the mailbox, to be filled in and money inserted. If it is found that skaters are not paying the fee, they may lose the privileges of guest skating.
- Junior StarSkate skaters may not skate without a Fergus Skating Club Skate Canada pro Coach or a parent or guardian present.
- Member skaters may guest skate as often as they wish, provided they have paid their fees, and there is room on the ice.
- Guest skating only applies to private ice time. It is NOT permitted during Club-run programs (such as Techniques & Agility).
- No more than 25 test STAR skaters may skate on any one session. The Fergus SC reserves the right to limit the number of guest skates on the ice for safety reasons.
- Skaters (and coaches) must observe and follow the programs by discipline schedule.
- All guest skaters must respect and abide by the rules and regulations of the Fergus SC, the Fergus Community Centre and Skate Canada, otherwise they may lose the privileges of guest skating.
- If a skater makes Fergus Skating Club their home club but does not register for a regular skating program session, they must pay the appropriate base fee and the appropriate guest skating fees of $10.00 / session (subject to change upon approval of the Board). Paying this base fee will allow the skater to enjoy the benefits of making Fergus Skating club their home club, to guest skate at the $10.00 / session fee as often as they wish, and to participate in local test days, at the member rate.
- Exhibitions of skating programs not offered by the FSC will be encouraged and promoted through the club at the discretion of the board
- The member guest skating policy is in effect from October 1 until the beginning of April the following year.
(as approved by the Board January 2009)