In efforts to keep all members up-to-date on board activity a brief overview of the meeting will be posted for reference once it is approved.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
December 12, 2010
- Discussion on correspondence received from membership and coaches
- Christmas family skate preparation for guests and snacks
- Registrars report: end of 1st session
- Treasurer's report: year to date compared to current year budget
- Test days to date
November 15, 2010
- Discussion of correspondence from membership received by the board
- Skates Alive registrations and coaches
- Clothing swap for club members
- Show-time planning continues
- Update on registrations and total numbers
- Talk around the upcoming low and high test days
- Coaches liaison report and feedback from the coaches meeting
- Can Skate coordinator's report and badge updates
- Topics for the December newsletter
- How to boost our membership numbers
October 13, 2010
- Technique & Agility class progression
- Handbook updates required
- Bring a friend to skating night defined
- Interest in clothing swap this year
- Ask coaches for show time thoughts
- Registration comparisons to last year
- Fund-raising now? Delay Elmira as it is out now with several groups
- Newsletter – content required to be informative
- 1st low test day planning underway: October 18th, 2010
- Coaches meeting update
- Budget – registrations still low, need to work on increasing numbers for mid season registration.
September 13, 2010
- Discussion around the grouping and age of the learn to skate program and guest skating policy
- Advertising venues available and affordable including newspaper, newsletter, bulletin boards
- Volunteer positions around mailbox, volunteer options available, fund-raising opportunities, and orientation sessions
- Show-time and pre and post show options
- Bring a friend to skating and arrangements that need to be made
- Registrar’s report to date, treasurers report with budget adjustments
- Partnering options, and Can Skate Coordinator job description
- Updates from the coaches meeting
August 11, 2009
- Discussed coaching options for the Can Skate Coordinator, Advanced Can Skate class, and Junior STARSkate group session. Coaches contracts to be finalized.
- New logo approved, and the new website progress can resume for release ASAP.
- Program and coach’s brochures are to be finalized to be sent out ASAP.
- Discussion on staffing of the leisure show.
- Desire to fill the registrar’s position as this is an important role. Send notice to members.
- Discussion on guest skating and member versus non member privileges.
- Various topics arising from the coaches meeting in August.
- Budget will be confirmed at the next meeting.
- Next meeting will be September 13, 2010.
July 14, 2010
- With the 2010-2011 season quickly approaching there were discussions around the board contracted coaching positions and candidates.
- To improve our website, Pam Starrat has been working with the board to find options that meet our budget and time-line for a complete website design.
- Fall skating discussions resulted in a decision to start the STARSkate programs a week in advance of the 2009-2010 season and included in the rates.
- The board is working with a graphic designer on options to up-date the FSC logo.
- The board walked through a website site map in preparation of the new site.
- Discussion on the layout and information content on the registration forms took place. With the improvements being made on the website, it was felt that the forms could be streamlined and should be available by July 31, 2010.
- Many issues outstanding before the season starts, the next meeting will be held on August 11, 2011.